This two day program will enable delegates to have a clear understanding of the successful sales manager’s responsibilities and how to become more effective in their roles in this challenging competitive business environment of today. Over the period of the course delegates will explore key leadership skills as well as the essential sales managerial skills needed for them to effectively forecast and implement effective sales plans, motivate, monitor and evaluate the performance of their people and provide the required direction and support ensuring measurable sales results from their sales teams.
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a sales manager
- Learn skills to achieve better results through their teams using sales plans and targeting techniques
- Clearly understand how to prepare a sales forecast and a sales plan for their sales operation
- Properly observe, evaluate and give feedback to team members and set performance development objectives using assessment tools supplied and provided withing the training program
- Explore ways to motivate their sales teams and create a more motivating environment.
- Explain Run more effective sales meetings and morning huddles to inspire and motivate and provide clear direction to their sales team members.
Outline Of Topics
- What is your job?
- Sales Manager versus Salesman.
- The perfect sales person- Activity.
- Sales management – is it strategic or tactical?
- What are my CSF’s? – Critical success factors.
- SWOT and PESTLE analysis.
- What is forecasting and how it can help sales performance?
- Identify different forecasting methods.
- Follow a simple 4 step process to create a sales forecast.
- Avoid common forecasting pitfalls.
- Setting up your sales strategy.
- Put together the main components of your sales plan.
- Specify sales tactics to achieve strategy
- Sales planning best practice examples.
- Practical skill practice activity – Create a sales plan for your sales operation
- Setting sales objectives.
- The 3 step sales performance control plan.
- Guidelines for proper sales performance evaluation.
- Handling the underperforming sales team member.
- What motivates us?
- Knowing your team inside out.
- Creating a motivating environment for your team.
- Understand the factors that combine and drive personal motivation.
- Effective versus badly run sales meetings
- Planning your sales meeting sequence.
- Successful sales meeting checklist.
- Team huddle versus team meeting.
Instruction by an expert facilitator
Small Interactive classes
Specialised manual and course materials
Personalised certificate of completion
[si-contact-form form=’5′]View Our Testimonials